Why the US Must Withdraw from the WHO – And How it Can Be Done
If you disliked the way you and our country were treated in response to the COVID pandemic, you are going to hate what those who perpetrated the mask, lockdown and vaccine mandates intend to do to us next. The World Health Organization (WHO), led by its Director-General Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus, the Chinese Communist Party that controls them, and the Biden administration are negotiating agreements that would allow Tedros to dictate public health policy in the United States and globally.
The WHO would accomplish this via one or both of two instruments that would oblige the U.S. and other parties to the WHO to submit to whatever the organization’s Director-General deems to be an actual or prospective “Public Health Emergency of International Concern” (PHEIC) – and whatever he determines is the appropriate response. And such PHEICs can include perceived emergencies other than pandemics, including for example: gun violence, mistreatment of undocumented migrants, insufficient acclimate change or even crises involving plants or animals.
The two instruments are: 1) transformative amendments to the International Health Regulations; and 2) an entirely new agreement governing “pandemic prevention, preparedness and response.” The first of these is expected to be approved in May 2023, the second a year later. The WHO refuses to call either of them “treaties” in an attempt to circumvent the U.S. ratification process.
Neither instrument can be fixed as they inherently violate our Constitution and rights. Unless the United States withdraws from the World Health Organization, it will be bound by whatever a majority of WHO members agree upon, to the detriment of our national sovereignty and personal freedoms.
After Tedros and the World Health Organization’s catastrophic mishandling of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is utterly unacceptable to give them still more, let alone totalitarian, control of our public health. In light of the enormity of the stakes, preventing the United States from being subjected to such medical tyranny has taken on a unique urgency.
That is expecially true since the WHO voting on the amendments to the International Health Regulations will occur at the end of May – weeks before the Dept Ceiling debate will likely occur. And, all other things being equal, we will immediately be obliged to comply. Hence, we must immediately extricate ourselves from the World Health Organization by making that outcome a non-negotiable condition precedent for even negotiating about the Debt Ceiling.
Key Reasons to Withdraw from the WHO
Among the amendments that would fundamentally transform the International Health Regulations are the following:
- The word “non-binding” has been deleted to make the “recommendations” of the WHO
- The WHO will be able to intervene not only when an active public health risk exists, but also when the public health risk is only
- Under Article 9 would be amended to authorize the WHO rely on undisclosed sources for information declaring a public health emergency which need not be shared with the affected nation(s).
- Article 12 would be amended to authorize the Director-General may to declare unilaterally a potential or actual public health emergency of international concern. That authority can justify the imposition and enforcement of sanctions on nations that insist on exercising their sovereign right not to comply with WHO dictates.
The proposed Pandemic Treaty:
- Establishes Global Surveillance arrangements via Vaccine Passports, Smart Health Cards, or other forms of digital IDs, Trojan horses for insinuating a Chinese-style “Social Credit System” globally.
- Commits governments to censor dissenting views (Article 17, p. 23). “The Parties commit to…tackle false, misleading misinformation or disinformation…each party is encouraged…to counteract misinformation, disinformation and false news, thereby strengthening publictrust.”
- “One Health Approach” (Article 18, #3, p. 24). One Health includes not only human health, but also the health of animals, agricultural plants and the environment. If passed, the WHO would have control over every aspect of existence on earth.
Meanwhile, it has just come to light that, hidden deep within the FY2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), is another act that – according to an expert in international treaty law, Dr. Frances Boyle, JD, PhD – appears to have given prior U.S. approval to whatever instruments are adopted by the WHO. This act-within-an-ac is named the Global Health Security and International Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response Act of 2022. It is found on page 950 of the 1,772-page NDAA, which Biden signed into law on December 23, 2022. In other words, if we remain in the WHO, we will be enslaved by it.
A further impetus for immediate U.S. withdrawal from the WHO is that the instrument amending the IHRs may not be the only accord to come to a vote at the World Health Assembly in May 2023. While the new Pandemic treaty is scheduled to do so in May 2024, it could conceivably also be taken up this May. Whatever the timing, both instruments will likely be approved even without U.S. support, in the first case by a simple majority vote of the World Health Assembly, in which – like the UN General Assembly – every nation has just one vote and the United States cannot exercise a veto. In the second case, a two-thirds majority is required and the U.S. still has no veto. Once adopted, these instruments will enter provisionally into force and, especially in light of the Global Health Security Act, become binding on this country and every other WHO member nation.
Consequently, if the United States is to be spared such an unacceptable surrender of its national sovereignty – with all that portends for its people, their freedoms and wellbeing, Congress must insist that this country: ceases immediately to be a member of the WHO; will not be further funding its operations; and will not be bound by its regulations and diktats.